Taifun GX 4mL RDTA
The Taifun GX is a rebuildable top deck atomizer featuring a flavour-focused interchangeable air flow system, easy-build coil winding deck, and includes SS liquid feeder cables to quickly deliver liquid to the deck down to every last drop in your tank! Can also wick with cotton (only recommended for 2mL version) or SS mesh rolls.
(Note: Photos shown below show the optional PSU tank, as the clear borosilicate glass tank section was not yet available at the time these photos were produced. The Taifun GX will come standard with a clear borosilicate glass tank section. PSU tank sections will be available as an optional purchase accessory.)
2mL Version Available >>>HERE<<<
- The Taifun GX is the first top-deck atomizer design of the Taifun in-house genealogy, allowing for the best flavour possible, performing like the Taifun BTD, but with the capacity of a tank. Designed for variable use, the possibilities for vapers with regards to individualization and adaptation to their own requirements is now possible.
Taifun GX Design
- Easy Access Build Deck
- The Taifun GX features a modular structure that allows the build deck to be removed from the lower tank and airflow section to allow easy user access to the wicks and the changeable air disks.
Taifun GX Removeable Build DeckTaifun GX Air Disk and Wick Access
Interchangeable Air Disks
- The Taifun GX is designed so that customers do not need to adjust to an atomizer. Rather, the atomizer can be adjusted to fit the user. The basic principle is that the Taifun GX cannot be narrowly defined or categorized as a "MTL", "RDL", or "DL" type of vaping experience. Rather, an interchangeable Air Flow Disk system allows users to modify the airflow as required, making the Taifun GX a truly versatile atomizer to fit a wide range of vapers. The only thing that the Taifun GX can NOT do, is high wattage, high airflow vaping, nor does it want to be.
- The Air Disks allow for a wide range of possibilities and are easily changed. The basic version of the Taifun GX includes two Air Disks, each with three 1.8mm air holes for a total of six 1.8mm air flow holes. This makes the Taifun GX slightly more restrictive than the Taifun GT IV. However, the Taifun GX can also be operated without any Air Disks for maximum air flow, and will deliver a little bit more air flow than the Taifun GT IV with the Open Draw Positive Pole.
- Air flow of the Taifun GX is primarily adjusted with the internal Air Disks. External air flow can be adjusted via the MF ring, closing down as far as 1/4 of the air intake slot.
Air Disk options are as follows:
Closed (Solid block, to close air on one side)
- 3x1.8mm (Original Air Disk as included with the Taifun GX)
Users may use different Air Disks in different combinations for different airflow performance effects.
Taifun GX Interchangeable Air Flow Disks
Secure Top Cap Design
- Featuring the bayonet lock as previously introduced with the top fill cap of the Taifun GTR, this design prevents accidental removal of the top cap.
- Concave inner cap design also allows for smoother airflow and better flavour production.
- Standard heat fin cap design shown. Optional caps to be released.
Taifun GX Top Cap Design
Multi-Function (MF) Ring
- A multi-function (MF) ring is integrated in to the Taifun GX, allowing users to adjust the atomizer for various usage modes, and snaps into place with a satisfying click so the user has security in the mode it is set to. The modes available are:
Taifun GX MF Ring DL Vaping Position
DL Vaping Position
- Air flow is fully open, and tank reservoir is fully open for ventilation. Ideal for DL vaping and higher VG e-liquids where fast liquid transport is required.
Taifun GX MF Ring Transport Setting
- Air flow is closed, and liquid flow is sealed. The tank is effectively sealed when in this mode, and is ideal for transporting the atomizer to prevent any liquid leakage.
Taifun GX MF Ring Fill Setting
- In this position, the Taifun GX can be easily and quickly filled from the outside, without the need to remove the top cap. An alternative base with a larger fill hole will be available for separate purchase, and is ideal for maximum VG users.
Taifun GX MF Ring MTL Setting
MTL Vaping Position
- In this mode, the air flow is open, but the ventilation to the e-liquid reservoir is closed. Liquid now exclusively travels along the SS feeder cables via capillary action, and reservoir air resupply is choked. This prevents over saturation of the cotton wick when using higher PG liquids, as negative pressure vacuum is higher in the chamber when vaping with more restricted air flow.
Wide Bore Drip Tip
- The wide bore drip tip included with the Taifun GX is a short yet ergonomic stainless steel drip tip sleeved over a POM core, very similar in style to the drip tips that were released with the Taifun BTD, but this version features a mixed material design for a full SS look while minimizing heat transfer to the user's lips. This friction-fit drip tip design eliminates the need for o-rings, which allows for a larger 8mm inner bore for greater air flow delivery.
Taifun GX Drip Tip
Taifun GX Specifications:
- Diameter: 23mm.
- Liquid Capacity: 4mL or 2mL, depending on the version purchased.
- Height (4mL, without drip tip): 41mm.
- Height (2mL, without drip tip): 34mm.
- Tank Material: Borosilicate glass (clear).
- Stainless steel construction.
- Interchangeable Air Flow Disks.
- Easy side fill.
- RDTA style, can be used with or without SS cables. Usage with the stainless steel braided cables are recommended for fastest wicking.
- Included SS Feeder Cable Length: 23mm.
- Two air disks included, each with three 1.8mm air holes for a total of six 1.8mm air holes.
- Friction Fit SS/POM combination BTD style 510 Drip Tip included, for maximum air flow. No o-rings are used for this drip tip.
- Taifun GX atomizer
- 2x air disks, each with three 1.8mm air holes
- 2x 7x7-23mm long SS feeder cables (already installed)
- 2x SS mesh sheets cut to 23x40mm for mesh liquid feeding
- 8mm wide bore friction-fit drip tip, POM core with SS outer sleeve
- 1.3mm Allen key for coil screws
- 2.0mm Allen key for 510 center pin removal for Air Disk access under the build deck.
- Replacement o-rings and coil screws
- Instruction manual
NOTE: It is highly recommend that you fully clean out this product before the first time you use it. While the factory does a decent job at removing dust, shavings, machining lubricants and greases, there is still the potential for trace elements to remain, and it is best recommended that you do an additional cleaning to meet your standard of cleanliness.
DISCLAIMER: Rebuildable atomizers are for experienced vapers with access to meters and a working knowledge of Ohms Law, Watts Law, battery safety, and how general electricity works. Please ensure care is taken as to not cause damage nor harm to the atomizer, your battery, the vaping device, yourself, others, or personal property.
Wicks & Wires Vape Shoppe is not responsible for misuse of product, or dangerously low coil builds. Wicks & Wires Vape Shoppe is not liable for the use of improper batteries for your builds.