The Aurora mod by Towis is an 80 Watt bottom feed (squonk) mod that is capable of taking 21700, 20700, and 18650 batteries.
Powered by the reliable Towis XT80C chip set as found in the HCigar "WarWolf" mod, it features variable wattage up to 80 Watts, and temperature control for various material types.
Functions and readout are all visible on a colour IPS TFT screen and control via a number of buttons.
Standard hose connection design allows users to use aftermarket bottles to replace or upgrade the included silicone bottle.
Door panels are held in place via magnets. Both front and rear panels can be replaced for future custom designs, while also providing access to the quick swap battery adapter system.
The Aurora design features ergonomics in a simple and elegant appearance. The enclosure is designed to hold 21700, 20700, and 18650 batteries via a unique and innovative built-in adapter system.
Stainless steel 510 landing pad provides a durable and clean connection point.
Auto power off function conserves battery power. When powered off, pressing any button wakes the device. No operation within one hour will automatically power off the device. The hardware turns off the drive voltage to reduce battery drain while reducing component life loss concurrently.
- Dimensions: 92mm x 58mm x 27.5mm
- Material and Finish: Aluminum alloy, matte brushed finished and fully anodized
- Body Weight: 158g (dry, without cell)
- Battery Size: Removable single 18650, 20700, or 21700 high drain IMR cell
- Charge: Built-in micro-USB port, 5 volt input
- Power Range: 5 to 80 Watts
- Resistance Range (VW): 0.1 Ohms to 3.0 Ohms
- Resistance Range (TC): 0.05 to 1.0 Ohms
- Maximum Acceptable Charging Current: 1.2 Amps
- Output Voltage Range: 1.0 Volts to 8.5 Volts
- Battery Input Current: Maximum 26 Amps
- Temperature Control Range: 200F to 600F / 100C to 300C
- Reverse polarity protection
- Battery high voltage protection
- Battery low voltage protection
- Battery overcharge protection
- Battery over voltage protection
- Battery over current protection
- Output short circuit protection
- Output time protection (10 seconds)
- Output high temperature protection (temperature control protection) - Will warn of "dry coil" when no liquid is sensed on the coil.